Winner of the gigantic $2 billion US Powerball. According to Powerball, the winning ticket from California, USA, hit all the numbers in the record $2.04 billion (£1.7 billion) US Powerball jackpot.
If the winner chooses cash, he will get $997.6 million at once, before taxes. Another winner who purchased tickets in Florida won a prize of $2 million. 22 other tickets won a small prize of $1 million each.
Gigantic $2 billion US Powerball
Winner of the gigantic $2 billion US Powerball. In a statement Tuesday, the Multistate Lottery Association (MUSL), which runs the lottery, said the jackpot had risen from previous estimates of his $1.9 billion to his $2.04 billion, making the winner, the world’s largest lottery winner.
California Lottery, part ofMUSL, said on Twitter that winning tickets matching all six numbers were purchased at a local service center in Altadena, California.
It is not known where in Florida the second $2 Million winner purchased his ticket. The other 22 winners are spread across 16 states nationwide, including New Jersey, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Texas, Maryland and Georgia.
Last night, the much-anticipated draw was delayed by almost 10 hours after Powerball announced it was still processing sales and play data for one of its 48 participating lotteries. All 48 must do so before the draw can take place.
“Powerball has strict security requirements to protect the integrity of the game and remains committed to holding draws that give all players a fair chance of winning,” the organization said.
According to Powerball, the winner had a 1 in 292.2 million odds of winning the jackpot. Source: BBC
Winning Numbers & the Winner
Winner of the gigantic $2 billion US Powerball. The winning numbers were 10, 33, 41, 47, 56 and Power Number 10.
The identity of the purchaser of the winning ticket is unknown. Some states allow the anonymity of winners, while others, including California, require identity to be used to form a trust to claim prizes.
The previous world record jackpot was set in 2016 when the jackpot was $1.59 billion. It was split among three Powerball players.
Can foreigners play Powerball or is it only for US Citizens?
Powerball tickets can be purchased online from other countries. Participants are not required to be citizens or residents of the United States.
Winnings, on the other hand, must be claimed in the state to which a ticket is assigned.
This means that residents of states that do not participate in the Powerball would have to travel to buy a ticket and claim their winnings.
Other lottery games follow similar rules.
In 2015, a 37-year-old Baghdadi man won a $6.4 million (£5.5 million) “Megabucks” jackpot in Oregon after purchasing the ticket through a Malta-based website.
A number of other countries, including Australia and El Salvador, have reported lottery winners.
A piece of advice to Jackpot Winners (to be winners)
If you believe you can beat the odds and win the next lottery jackpot, here are some things to think about so you can enjoy your newfound fortune. Source of advice: abc7Chicago
- Joining lottery pools should be done with caution.
- While lottery pools are enjoyable to play with friends and coworkers, they can also lead to lawsuits and broken relationships. Make photocopies of all group tickets and distribute them to each participant in the drawing. If you buy tickets outside of the pool, notify your pool players before the drawing in case you win.
- Sign the back of your tickets.
- Every ticket you buy should bear your signature and address. This ensures that you and only you can claim your tickets if they become misplaced. You will also need two forms of identification to claim your prize.
- Make a duplicate.
- Make photocopies of your ticket and store them in various safe places after signing it so that only you can
- If you win, be cautious about who you tell, if anyone.
- While you may be tempted to tell your friends and family that you’ve become a millionaire, Alexa von Tobel, CEO of financial planning website LearnVest.com, advises winners to remain quiet in order to avoid any personal conflicts or larger problems. “We’ve seen everything from robberies to murders of lottery winners,” von Tobel told ABC News. “When people are aware of your status, a lot of your social dynamics change.”
- Only six states allow you to claim your winnings anonymously
- Delaware, Kansas, Maryland, North Dakota, Ohio, and South Carolina. Another option for protecting your identity when claiming your winnings is to form an LLC or non-profit to accept the funds on your behalf.
- You are not required to claim it right away.
- Don’t feel obligated to claim your winnings right away. Each state has its own deadline for claiming your prize, but they are all at least a few months away. Take the time to make a plan instead.
- Select an astute and trustworthy management team.
- Before you claim your winnings, spend a significant amount of time researching and assembling a smart, reliable, and trustworthy financial team. Before cashing out, Von Tobel recommends that winners consult with a certified financial planner, estate planner, and accountant, and that they wait six months or even a year before spending their winnings. New cars and houses can be put off. What can’t wait is making sure you have a solid plan in place before you spend. According to Ann-Margaret Carrozza, author of Love and Money, you may also want to
Also read our earlier Article on the Powerball Jackpot in this site.
Other trending Articles on this site: Canada Intends to Offer Soaring New Immigration Opportunities
Click link below for Deals on trending EyewearVooglam Offical Website